HILLS strives to enable children to learn and grow to achieve their potential by providing an individualised and purposeful student-centred curriculum that inspires creative risk-takers and collaborative, entrepreneurial problem solvers who have a passion for lifelong learning and service to others.
Planted in Christ
Develop a personal understanding and application of the Christian Faith. While assisting each student to discover and develop their strengths and gifts.
Growing with Nature
Conserve and support a sustainable learning environment. Whilst supporting its ability to fulfill the needs to enrich our students wellbeing.
Nurtured to Thrive
Develop a caring school community which respects diversity and values fellowship. Value each student and their gifts and contribution.
Our mission is to help children learn and grow to achieve their potential through:
- Acknowledging that Jesus Christ and his teachings are central to the purposes of this school
- Assisting each student to discover and develop their strengths and gifts
- Developing a caring school community which respects diversity and values fellowship
- Assisting students in developing a personal understanding and application of the Christian faith
- Providing a foundation upon which students can develop discernment, wisdom and leadership qualities
- Preparing students for on-going learning and fulfilling lives in a world of rapid change
- Fostering in students the development of positive relationships and interpersonal skills
- Valuing each student and their gifts and contribution.
The School is established and will be run for the purpose of educating children on the basis of the Christian Faith, in accordance with the aims as expressed in the Statement of Belief.
The School will seek:
- To operate on Christian principles, with a staff actively committed to the Christian faith, in accordance with the Statement of Belief and Aims as set out in the Constitution
- To develop the spiritual, psychological, social, academic, creative and physical potential of each enrolled child
- To promote strong learning with the appointment of high quality teachers and support staff
- To foster a co-operative relationship between parents, staff, children and school
- To provide a comprehensive curriculum which includes worship and has a balanced use of Christian themes in all relevant areas
- To accept the common elements of the Christian faith while accepting the diversity of belief and interpretation, and avoiding any denominational doctrine or emphasis
- To be open, so far as its resources shall permit, to children of the community provided that their parents support the aims of the School
- To promote and facilitate beneficial relationships between child, family, staff, churches and the wider community.
HILLS is affiliated with the Association of Independent Schools SA (AISSA) which provides funding, industrial and operating advice to South Australian independent schools. Visit their website at www.ais.sa.edu.au.
Statement of Belief
We believe that the teachings of Jesus are the foundations upon which our attitudes and actions should rest. We are not a denominational school and the faith experience at HILLS is joyful, relational and faith building.
The following Statement of Belief was adopted as the School’s Foundational Creed in 1983:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God
- We believe that there is one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We accept that Jesus Christ is central in our School and therefore that everything that is done, including the learning, at School or in the School’s name, should be done to honour Him
- We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement
- We believe that all mankind was created in the image of God but that man estranged himself from God and his neighbour by disobeying God’s Word and that reconciliation is only possible through the love of God and the sacrifice which Jesus made on our behalf
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit who enables us to live a Godly life
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ
- We believe that all Christians are united in the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ.